Flow MTB are pleased to announce we will be sponsoring the women’s specific mountain bike courses run by MTB Instruction. Their courses are available for beginners right through to advanced riders who want to push their skills to the next level and when you book onto one of their women’s specific courses you’ll get a FREE Flow goodie bag.
We spoke to Mark at MTB Instruction about his women’s specific courses
We meet lots of women who are happy to venture off road but become uncomfortable when things become steep, technical or gnarly. We’ll teach you the physical skills required in controlling your bike in any situation and you’ll also learn how to think about your riding. By the end of the course you’ll be feeling confident on your bike and gain the ability to ride your bike and not just be a passenger on it.
Here’s some of the skills and techniques you’ll learn on one of their women’s specific mountain bike courses:
- correct bike set up
- body position and bike dynamics
- brake modulation
- confidence at speed; learn how to alter your perception of speed and ride faster
- dealing with trail obstacles; how to get over, through and up things
- cornering techniques; from switchbacks to fast flat corners and berms
- getting your wheels off the ground
- drops, steps and jumps